SCHOLARSHIPS IN AUSTRALIA:
Australian universities and colleges provide a wide range of scholarships to meritorious international students to help them fund their studies. Apart from this, many scholarships, grants and bursaries are also offered by the Australian government, public and private establishments. Before you apply to any of these scholarships, do check the eligibility and criteria, along with the closing date.
The primary criterion for most scholarships is a good academic score; however, it also depends on factors such as your chosen destination, subject and level. In some scholarships, factors like extracurricular activities, and volunteering can also be used to advantage.
You may need to declare scores of an English language proficiency test such as IELTS, which is commonly accepted by all Australian institutions.
Most scholarships to study in Australia cover tuition fee although some may also cover living or travelling expenses. Research programs at times offer up to 100% scholarship to students including tuition fee and living expenses. Do note that the amount of money available and type of award varies as per your institution. Getting a scholarship is competitive and so, you must apply well ahead in time. We recommend you start with the procedure about 8-12 months before the preferred intake begins.
Scholarship in Australia for Indian Students
Scholarships can make good quality education accessible and affordable.
There are number of scholarships, grants and bursaries are available which can help international students financially to study in this country. The Australian government, corporations, universities, and some private organizations provide financial assistance to international students.
Scholarships in Australia are offered on the basis of merit-based, need-based, student-specific or course-specific grants. The amount of Australian scholarship differs depending on the profile of the student ranging from $2000 up to 100% for the tuition fee. Doctoral degrees in the country are usually fully funded.
We have listed below a few scholarships exclusively for students who wish to study abroad in Australia. This is in no way an exhaustive list; there are many more scholarships.
Australian Government Scholarships
Australian government scholarships are offered for full-time study in Australia for undergraduate, Masters or technical courses.
Below mentioned are the things covered in the scholarships:
- Student’s return airfare to Australia
- Establishment allowance
- Living allowance
- Academic and other compulsory fees
- Basic health insurance [Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)]
- Famous scholarships In Australia are listed below:
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses
- Endeavour PG Scholarship Award
- International PG Research Scholarship Award
- Indo-Australia S&T Visiting Fellowship Programme
- Australia-India Strategic Research Fund]
- Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
Students are advised to apply for Australian Government scholarships a year in advance after receiving and offer from the respective Australian University.
International Organisations providing Scholarship for Australia
- Rotary Peace fellows
- Aga Khan foundation International scholarship
- CSIRO PG scholarship programme
- OFID Scholarship Award
- Flowers Across Melbourne Scholarship – for design, technology and agriculture students
The Australian Government is in the process of preparing programme guidelines for the new Indigenous Students Support Program (ISSP).
- Adelaide Scholarships International
- Melbourne Research Scholarships
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarships
- International Water Centre Scholarships – for students pursuing the Masters in Integrated Water Management course at the University of Queensland in Brisbane.